************
Another day, we were again doing something utterly normal (scripture reading on the couch?) when I glanced over and suddenly noticed Matthew had leaned into my side and rested his little hand on my forearm. There was no utilitarian reason for that touch. It was just there for love. I took in a sharp breath, suspending a swelling emotion that took me completely by surprise. Then the feeling was gone. It's hard to say why I felt that way, exactly, but I suspect I am finally coming to understand that there are things I love about this stage of my life that won't be here forever.
************
I finished planting in the backyard garden beds yesterday. It's a relief to finally have those plants in the soil, but the best feeling is standing back and looking at that work of beauty:
![]() |
| This, Feeds. My. Soul. No joke. |

An absolute thing of beauty. Both the mothering and the garden. I take comfort in the thought that we can revisit those moments of pure joy hereafter and feel again what we felt.
ReplyDelete