I got to bed pretty late last night. I couldn't stop thinking about Alice starting Middle School on Monday and how much I didn't know about it all. I had to get out of bed and research everything online, figure out a plan, until I was too tired to do any more: bell schedules, student handbook, after school activity options, bus routes, figuring out our morning routine with 4 kids going to 3 different schools with 3 different start times. It was about midnight when I quit.
Then we had a raucous thunderstorm about 2am. Alice got scared enough to hop into our bed for a while.
She left and I passed out again until my alarm went off at 5:20 so I could get to the farm by 6:00.
I had a good time.
I've eaten a lot of chocolate today to stay alert.
And other treats.
And I'm REALLY excited about a 28-mile bike ride happening tomorrow morning. Giddy with anticipation, actually. This was the ride my Full Moon Ride buddies roped me into. I'll be riding with them again. Maybe I'll remember to get a picture or two this time!
Friday, August 17, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment