Challah bread!!! It was dang tasty. She's stinking proud of herself.
And since I don't often get to take pictures of Alice anymore, I wanted to post this recent one of her doing her piano practice.
![]() |
| I snapped this one before she noticed the camera. I publish it with her permission, of course. |
She enjoys piano lessons. She enjoys flute lessons and 6th grade band and chorus. She tells me chorus is the highlight of her school day! She also tells me that social studies is the only class in which she's actually learning something new.
Middle school is getting more routine. Not easier, but routine. Alice tells me there are a couple fights a week in the halls. The most recent one was in the girls locker room during her P.E. class. She has been assigned to sit by at least one challenging fellow in one of her classes. He tests her patience. I remember being stuck with some difficult kids, too. Teachers do that on purpose to some degree, putting the quiet and steady kids next to the loud and boundary-pushing ones. I make her sit by James all the time ;)
Fantastic Alice. She's got this whole growing up thing under control.


❤️❤️❤️❤️I have just caught up on your blog, reading the last ten or twelve posts. Thank you for sharing what you write.
ReplyDeleteYaaay Alice!! What a girl. She is blossoming into a wonderful young woman with all kinds of important skills and qualities.
ReplyDelete