Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Imperio Cake

The Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet was held on Friday. There was a Harry Potter theme and all the boys were asked to make a cake for a contest.

20181012_190346

This is a picture of Robert serving his Imperio Cake: two layers of rich, dense chocolate cake (from scratch!) sandwiching a layer of strawberry sauce, then covered in a vanilla buttercream frosting (also from scratch!). He piped frosting on the top to look like a wand issuing a spell, "Imperio!" and then underneath it read "I win".

Get it? Simple and deliciously nerdy. And truly delicious if you actually chose to taste his cake out of the many beautiful and creative options. He did a great job on it!

Robert's unforgiveable curse was entirely unecessary, however, since every entry won the contest :) and I don't think the judges understood Robert's joke. They gave him "A Witch Delight" award. He looked as confused as you do now, but was happy all the same.

2 comments:

  1. I don't get the joke either. Does this mean I'm not cool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get the joke either, but the cake sounds delicious! Good for him for making it from scratch!

    ReplyDelete