Monday, February 11, 2019

Seeding

I'm back at the farm! Just a few hours here and there on their "Volunteer Days", but it's a good feeling. This morning I filled 30-something flats with potting soil and then planted 3000-4000 parsley seeds. John let me try a new contraption that vibrates the seeds down a little channel onto the soil, so it's much faster than my usual "pinch and release" method.

At first, working with the half-frozen potting soil, I lost all sensation in my fingers. That wasn't so fun. But by the end, I was plenty warm and feeling so useful and happy.

There were several other volunteers this morning, all from the congregation of the sponsoring church. What a crew! I hope that when I'm 65+, I will have friends as vibrant and fun as this posse. Someone brought key lime pie! Who doesn't want to hang out with friends and eat key lime pie?!

Or a wrestling rink:

IMG_20190210_145206870
Alice's latest baking creation: Silver White Cake with Vanilla Buttercreme Frosting. It's a wrestling ring with her about to take on Matthew. Spectators oo and ah from the sidelines.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are back at the farm and doing what makes you happy. And yes, Alice is awesome! What a fun cake!

    ReplyDelete