Thursday, August 15, 2019

Goals Update!

16 days left to meet my 40th Year Goals. Where do I stand?

Spend 40 quality hours one-on-one with my immediate family member
Bobby: 40+ YAY!
Alice: 40+ YAY!
Robert: 40+ YAY!
James: 36 (Almost there...fishing, bike rides, reading together after bedtime...I'll make it)
Matthew: 37 (the other kids go to school next week, so this will be finished soon)

Serve others outside my usual circle of loved ones (40 hours)
40+ hours YAY!
I indexed records for family history research, volunteered at Sola Gratia, babysat kids I didn't know very well, and took some people to doctor's appointments.

Train for and participate in at least one major endurance event
Pioneer Sprint Triathlon, 4 May 2019
Swim 300m 5:59.24
Bike 13mi 48:54.91
Run 3.1mi 30:02.17
TOTAL 1:27:03.6

I also biked my longest distance ever (32 miles) with Rachel on 10 August 2019. YAY! While I didn't actually train for this, and it was only a grueling experience for my hiney, I'm counting it :)

Master something new
I have something in mind for this. Coming soon.

Do something that scares me
There's a little part of me that wonders, "40 years old and what to show for it? Would my past self be happy with what I became? Will my future self be happy with where I am now?" I can't change anything in the past. That scares me. So maybe I'll face these fears head on and try to make sense of it all. Coming soon. 

Fix something that's been bothering me a long time
DONE! Therapy is still a wonderful thing. I haven't gone back since my anxiety stabilized, but I am comfortable with the idea of therapy and will go back when I'm ready to work through another issue. And I have plenty :) I've had a couple minor panic/anxiety hiccups since February, but good sleep habits and regular meals seem to stave off the worst of it.

Go somewhere new
DONE! Phoenix, AZ, with Allison. Palymra, NY, with family. Taos, NM, with sisters. Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment