While the emotional and physical symptoms of my recent anxious episode haven't completely subsided, this week has been noticeably better. I was feeling almost normal by lunch time today! That is a beautiful, marvelous, miraculous feeling after 5 weeks on the couch. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts and support. This is why I share my life with all y'all. You make things better.
In other news, I've had jury duty for the last two weeks. Not ideal when you feel like throwing up or running to the bathroom every half hour, but with lots of prayer and careful planning and just plain luck, I made it. I even sat on a jury! The trial ended before we got to deliberate, but it was an educational experience all the same. I spent hours and hours with the other members of the jury, chatting and solving crossword puzzles while we waited in the jury room for the lawyers and judge to sort out all the motions we weren't allowed to hear. I feel a kinship with my fellow jurors, but I don't know any of their names. Heck, I don't even know what the bottom half of their faces look like. We were all masked the entire time. The defendant was acquitted because the state's case lacked sufficient burden of proof.
I was *this* close to getting placed on another jury today, but the prosecutor didn't like my answer to his question about whether or not some illegal drugs should remain illegal indefinitely. That's okay. I'm not taking any of this personally.
Not bad for my first term of jury service ever!
When I wasn't in the courtroom or the jury room, I was waiting downstairs in the Jury Assembly Room reading several very uplifting books to help me sort out other issues in my life right now. If I had been home on the couch instead, I wouldn't have forced myself to read the books. Jury duty was a blessing in this case, and I'm grateful for that :)
No comments:
Post a Comment