Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Recent Pictures

While visiting family in Houston, Erin took the kids to get pedicures. It was a first for James and Matthew, but Alex was an old pro. They got the paraffin wax treatment and everything.  

The massage chair was so large, it pretty much just massaged Matthew's head back and forth. 

The kids and I visited the Houston Space Center. This is us on the shuttle to see the Historic Mission Control room that landed people on the moon.

Um, they were a little more excited about it than this portrays. It was hot, humid, and busy, but a fun adventure all the same. 

This is the first step in making Alex's quilt. It's appropriate that James is holding it up with him because he did about half the work up to this point.

Here, James is using the Dremel to trim a kickstand down to size for a kid's bike we were refurbishing. My goal to refurbish and donate 45 bikes by my 45th birthday was *almost* met. It turns out, the chart I was using to track my progress only had 40 slots. Not 45. So, while I did complete my chart on time, I fell 5 bikes short. Ugh. I guess that means I'm only 40 years old until those last few are finished.

Here's the pool at our rental in Houston. The boys loved hopping in whenever it was convenient for them, playing until they were done, then coming in to change into dry clothes. It was the perfect counterpoint to the other activities with Gma and Gpa and out and about all over Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment