Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Aw, man. Sick again?

Yesterday around 4:30pm the babe's behavior suddenly changes...snuggly, warm, strangely timid around the kids she was just playing with. Minutes later I hear a cough, a sniff, and then it dawns on me...this is going to be a rough night. She woke up 5 times. Couldn't find the pacifier, so I rocked her back to sleep every time. Gave her drugs at 3:00am because her fever was making ME sweat.

Alice woke up as always: chipper, talkative, ready to eat and play. She's been a little sensitive this morning, but remarkably pleasant for being sick. I decided to skip Lunch Bunch in case the babe was still contagious. Sad, but helpful in some ways. I had no more excuse to avoid the housework that's been piling up.

Lots more diarrhea, lots more laundry, but it's been better since I learned how to use the diaper liners better. Every time I diaper Alice, I put a thin paper liner (kind of like tissue paper) between her bum and the diaper itself. This liner catches the bulk of her messes so I can peel the mess off the diaper and flush it down the toilet---no diaper dunking required. I've been saving money by buying huge liners and cutting them in half. This works great as long as the kid's poop is firmer than peanut butter and you don't leave it in the diaper too long. It's miserable for runny stools. So, I finally stopped cutting the liners in half. These liners are bigger than the diaper itself! They cover every square inch of the diaper surface! They catch EVERYTHING! Now I understand why they come that huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment