Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nesting Instinct

Alice found a short cardboard box in our living room the other day. It once held 10 pounds of pre-packaged portabella mushrooms, so it's as big as an apple box but half the height. It's her new favorite toy to climb into, push around, flip over, fill with toys, and get rides in (her Daddy taught her that last one). This morning she filled the box with her grasshopper blanket, some clean cloth diapers, a few books, and a couple small toys. Then she sat quietly in this little nest and played by herself until breakfast.

She's also developed an affinity for Raggedy Ann and Blue Baby. She hugs them and carries them around the house, often as a pair. She hugs them so tight that she makes a strained hugging sound. I think she actually tried to say "Raggedy" today...something like "do-duh-dee." I'll see if I can't get a picture or movie to share with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment