Friday, August 8, 2008

I love the imperfect

In a whole package of Skittles, my favorite is the one that glommed onto his brother just before the final glaze was applied. In movies and television, I always fall in love with the bad guy (oh, Juliet, forget that silly Dr. Shepherd and just love Ben back!).

I was quite delighted to find this little beauty in my garden this week:

Untitled

His little hook at the top was wrapped around the mother limb. Perhaps he's just a little frightened of change?

3 comments:

  1. Love the tomato!
    The odd ones that you have to take an extra gander at are always the best!
    I love the analogy of wrapping around the mother limb.
    And thanks....I never leave comments cause I can't figure it out and then don't take the extra time

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cutie. Do you remember the bizarro carrots we harvested that year we planted a garden in the front yard at the Lexington house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember any gardens in the front yard. Was it in the front lawn by the apricot tree? Over by the swing set? In that little nook by the kitchen window? On the strip by the bougainvillea and citrus trees? I was pretty young when you went off to college. Do tell me more of these bizarro carrots!

    ReplyDelete