1. growing and freezing all the shell peas we'll eat over the winter
2. garlic, onions, and carrots for the root cellar (aka my freezy cold and moist garage)
3. rhubarb. It's a very appealing fruit when you're trying to eat seasonally :)
4. working in my friend's family farm/garden and getting paid in produce
5. raspberry plants! My mom gave them to me for my birthday
Friday, January 23, 2009
Garden 2009!
That's right! It's gardening season...almost. Ordered my seeds today. A few goals for my garden this year:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok so this year I am gardened out. Seriously I just don't want to do it. I'm going to blame it on the bump but part of it just happens to be the idea of hauling my tools from one of the farthest buildings to the garden plots just doesn't seem fun. I want to do container gardens in the back instead. Susan what can you tell me about containers :)
ReplyDeleteI am in the gardening mode, too! Yesterday I bought two mustard green plants, a handful of 1015 onion starts, four lettuces and two roma tomato plants. I am putting them in tomorrow. I will take a picture when I am done.
ReplyDelete