I'm setting a terrible precedent.
Ever since the brilliantly successful sibling play date, I've periodically allowed Alice and Robert to play together during "quiet time." I know, I know, that's breaking the FIRST rule of quiet time...playing independently. It continues, however, to be a positive and peaceful time for both kids and provides me with a small measure of freedom (i.e. I check in on them every 10 minutes). The kids do a great job of engaging each other. Case in point (sorry it's sideways):
I love those giggles mingling.
Remember when I was so worried about Alice developing a positive relationship with her future sibling(s)? There's still a long road ahead, of course, but I am relieved to see how much they enjoy each other. Robert idolizes Alice and Alice just oozes love all over Robert. This isn't something I taught her to do. In fact, much of Alice's behavior appears to have come hard-wired. It makes me look like a good mom. Ha ha ha! I feel like such a fake sometimes.
Anyway, I will allow this breach of quiet time protocol every once in a while until Robert moves to only 2 naps a day. Then we'll see :)
Remember when I was so worried about Alice developing a positive relationship with her future sibling(s)? There's still a long road ahead, of course, but I am relieved to see how much they enjoy each other. Robert idolizes Alice and Alice just oozes love all over Robert. This isn't something I taught her to do. In fact, much of Alice's behavior appears to have come hard-wired. It makes me look like a good mom. Ha ha ha! I feel like such a fake sometimes.
Anyway, I will allow this breach of quiet time protocol every once in a while until Robert moves to only 2 naps a day. Then we'll see :)
No comments:
Post a Comment