Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Good news?

Bobby still has a position at Yahoo! Inc., but 13 of his coworkers were laid off today, including his manager and several friends he has worked with over the last 7 years. I used to be so worried about us and what would happen to us, but when Bobby told me Ross and Rob were laid off, that hit me pretty hard. I'm relieved and sad and angry all at once. It's hard for me to call survivorship "good" news.

So what lies in store for us? We're sticking around a bit longer. Alice gets to stay in her excellent preschool, I get to enjoy my friends here a little bit longer, and Bobby gets to figure things out career-wise.

2 comments:

  1. Yea? I'm glad you're still taken care of, but it's hard when your friends aren't so well off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad that Bobby is safe, but wish his friends all the best during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete