Monday, January 31, 2011

Dance Class

So, uh, how did I, of all people, end up with a ballerina princess? It must have come from Bobby's side of the family ;) Alice seems to have a knack for balance, spinning, and jumping. Her favorite way to use those skills is dancing. The following is a little piece printed in the News-Gazette Local section last week about her dance class. It's at a Yoga studio. I never would have signed her up, nor even considered creative dance, if it hadn't been for my friend Marianne. Marianne is a creative dance teacher for children, too, so she knows a good class when she sees one. Her son, Spencer, is also enrolled (yellow shirt in the photo).


Alice came up with the ensemble herself, including the hairdo. It's fun to see her try new things and enjoy them...even if they ARE pink and lacey :) See? I can be well-balanced, too.

1 comment:

  1. I love her "solo" pose! So graceful. And you were awfully cute as a little ballerina yourself. I seem to recall you had a similar haircut, too. Hmmmm...maybe she hasn't fallen too far from the tree after all. :)

    ReplyDelete