Monday, March 21, 2011

Hot Spot #2

Last week's Project:Simplify Hot Spot challenge was paper clutter. A little more difficult for me than Hot Spot #1. I tend to gather piles of "to-do" items on almost every horizontal surface in the house, but mostly on the kitchen table. Grrrrr! I didn't stop at the random piles this time, though, I tackled our humongous filing cabinet of paper from the last 9 years of marriage. Oh yes, I'm crazy, and feeling good for it! I still have a little more to finish sorting through and then a whole laundry basket full of paper to shred. A job that big would burn out our personal shredder in 10 minutes and send both of my children into conniption fits with all the noise! Robert's noise tolerance has plummeted as of late.

So, I'm hoping for a Community Shred Day during this upcoming "Money Smart Week." If MSW fails me, then I may have to get creative. Maybe I'll compost it!

"Hmmmm, these homegrown tomatoes have a unique flavor."

"Uh, yeah, that's 5 years of utility bills for ya'."

"Identity theft would taste better."


2 comments:

  1. Bonfire time. Not the most "clean air" solution, but effective none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I didn't get all the way through my files or photo stash(es). But, shreddings have gone away with the recycling truck, hooray!

    ReplyDelete