We spent a lot of the week cleaning out all of our clutter, and then Susan did a huge push Saturday morning to clean everything while I worked in the family history library. The house looked great, still does. But it felt very empty afterwards. We were very used to having stuff in the house, and now it is all in the garage, or in the trash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All I can say about the pictures is, "Ahhhh." I love blank space and swaths of empty surfaces...
ReplyDeleteThat's funny, Lara, because I thought the house looked naked. Perfect for selling, but incongruous for what I know is a very energetic household. Good luck with the sale!!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with both of you. You've touched on the strange dichotomy I've been feeling. It looks so empty. And so clean. It gets me wondering if there's a way to decorate/enhance this home so that it's alive even when completely cleared of clutter and mess. Color...plants...personality of some sort.
ReplyDeleteI also want to say that we didn't take the pictures ourselves. Our Realtor did all that while we were off playing together as a family. When he walked in, I had just spent 2 hours cleaning the kitchen and 1 hour cleaning/tidying the rest of the house. He was surprised by the state of the house saying, "Wow. You really cleaned. This place is freakishly clean! I can't imagine a family of four actually living here."
ReplyDeleteI was flattered, kinda, but sad at the same time. I somehow managed to scrub my family out of our own house. Weird.
Finding that way to enhance my home so that it reflects the tastes of the people who live in it while still being completely cleared of clutter and mess is my aim. It is tough. Especially because my/our tastes change over time and I am a very slow decorator.
ReplyDeleteWow. Was that really Robert's room? It's been a long time since I peeked inside, but wow! I didn't even know there was a window! It all does look lovely. Empty and sad, but definitely like you're gearing up for a moving-on.
ReplyDelete