I've decluttered my closet, my paperwork, kids clothes, and (parts of) the kitchen. The final Project: Simplify Hot Spot Challenge to declutter my life for the better is...is...whatever I want.
Seems kinda like a cop-out.
I could use this opportunity to catch-up on the hemming pile, but now I have an excuse to avoid it :D I choose to declutter the garage. Lots of potential there for a cleansing purge. Besides, I can hem pants by hand (thanks, Michelle, for the excellent pointers! Forget that crazy blind hem!) after hours when I'm too tired to do much of anything else.
Adding to this purge, I have also accepted the Decluttering Challenge put out by Live Renewed which is to get rid of 100 things in the month of April. Some might view this as masochistic, but I see it as creating a framework where I "get credit" for doing something I was going to do anyway. Ta daaaa!
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How are you counting things? If you recycle five magazines does it count as five or as one? Do you need 100 different kinds of items?
ReplyDeleteLemme clarify. I'm not counting stuff I would normally get rid of (i.e. recycling, trash). These 100 things are items that would have sat happily in their place forever more if I didn't take the effort to root them out and assess their value: flower vases, a few more kid toys, undergrad textbooks, cutting boards past due, etc.
ReplyDeleteFor example: if I had finally recycled 5 magazines that I was "saving" for some as-yet-undetermined future project, then I would count each magazine as one item. If they were magazines I just hadn't gotten around to chucking, then I wouldn't count them at all. Make sense?