Someone wants to make us an offer on our house. They haven't done it yet, but they say they want to.
Why on earth does this bother me?
A few of the thoughts rattling around upstairs:
"Hey, you can't take my life, er, I mean, house!"
"Oh thank goodness!"
"Wait a minute, I was just getting to like this arrangement."
"So much can go wrong between now and closing. Don't get excited."
"I'm so excited."
"Where the heck are we going to move?!"
"Why do they want this house? What do they see that I'm not seeing?"
"Yippee! Does this mean I can let the housework go? No more showings?"
"Where am I going to fit in house hunting?"
"Aw crap, now I might actually have to move."
"I don't want to leave my friends."
"Curses."
"What. Have. We. Done?!"
I suppose my mixed feelings come from our mixed motivation to sell. You see, we're not going TO anything. If there were another job or a graduation that had propelled us to a new location, then we would be going TOWARD something. As it is, we're just LEAVING some things and trying to keep everything else the same. Strange feeling. Irritating to my planner-personality. It's soothing to look over possible homes, though. I've been avoiding the official "search for a new home" thing because it feels like we're SO far away from selling this one...why spin my wheels for nothing? But maybe it is time...for my own sanity, at least...to envision something we're moving towards. Otherwise, I might not want to leave this house. Ever.
But I do. Sort of?
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Another bathroom before your going to potty train bob...and that is all I'm going to say about that!
ReplyDelete