Sunday, July 24, 2011

Catch-up

Long time no blog. I can't believe Bobby has made five entries in a row! If you were to ask me what I've been up to, I wouldn't have an easy answer for you. I can't actually remember what I've been up to lately, so that tells me I've been making bits of progress on several little fronts instead of pushing hard on one front.

My little fronts include:

Selling/Buying a home. We lowered the price of our house by quite a bit. We've been out to see a few more neighborhoods. There are homes that we like, but nothing that screams out "I'm the one." I'm pretty sure we won't ever find "the one" that meets all of our indescribable ideals and expectations :) I've had a few good laughs, though. Our Realtor, Matt, is a great help, and I'm really glad he's on our side. Some of his comments on bits and pieces of the homes we see have been revealing...about the home and about me. Looking at one structure, he said something to the effect of "Wow, that's pretty hillbilly. I can't believe this hasn't been reported to the HOA." At the same time, I was thinking, "Wow, that looks like they made that themselves. Looks strong and practical. Wish I could do something like that." Ha ha haaaaa! I guess I'm a bit of a hillbilly at heart ;)

Sewing projects. Mending and tailoring clothes make up the bulk of it, but I'm breaking into some constructive sewing this week. I'll post picts soon.

Garden. Oh my heavens, I've loved my garden this year. Loved it! At this point in previous years, I would be avoiding eye contact with it. This year is different for several reasons. It's more aesthetically pleasing than it's ever been, it's more practical than it's ever been, and my kids are in it every minute with me. I love to see my kids in my garden. Can't explain the exact reason why, but it's literally breathtaking...I even got a little teary once.



Anyway, Alice and Robert eat peas, green beans and cucumbers straight from the plants. Buddy can pick geraniums and chard like a pro. Alice helps water everything, but especially the peas (her favorite). With the pathway mulch and the raised beds, the garden is more accessible and easier to maintain than any gardens I've managed in previous years. I've learned a lot about how I like to garden over the last, uh, 9 years. Holy cow. Has it been that long?

Alice's primary teacher brought some home-grown peaches to church for snack today. Alice was begging for fruit trees all the way home. Some day, Girlie. Our next place. I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment