Friday, July 29, 2011

Nature Day Camp 2011

Alice just finished her last day of Nature Day Camp this summer. She seemed to like it a lot better this year. Not only did she keep me informed on what they had for snack and who got a time out for what, but she also remembered some of the new songs she learned. That's progress! And it makes me smile hearing her sing songs I learned at camp, too...Girls Camp. Camp songs are in a class of their own:

Baby shark (doot-dooooo, doot-doot-da-doo)
I'm bringin' home a baby bumblebee
Goomy goomy rump rump

Her new favorite game is "What Time is it Mr. Fox?" I thought it was a cool game in elementary school, but now I appreciate it for teaching impulse control, rudimentary time-telling, counting, and joy in physical activity. Not only that, but a 2-year-old can play it as competently as an adult. Perfect party game for kids!

Here's Alice with her two teachers, Shay (left) and Nicole (right). Alice went to camp for three weeks in total and really latched on to these two ladies (extra points for spotting Buddy in the photo).



No comments:

Post a Comment