- Heidi finding Mary Adelaide's maiden name and family at the Family History Library. Then a group of us doing family sealings in the Mt. Timpanogos temple for our own family names, including dear Mary Adelaide.
- Sharing a Family Home Evening lesson with some friends we haven't seen in a long time. We became friends in Illinois and somehow managed to overlap in Utah for one evening.
- Alice being traumatized by a fake bank robbery at This is the Place park in Salt Lake City. I believe that's something I'll blog about later.
- Taking Alice and Robert to the Idaho Falls Zoo. Robert was the exact same age as Alice was her first time there. It's funny to ponder how our lives have changed in those 3 years.
- My brother Mike eating a moth on a challenge by my 6-year-old niece, then my nephew following suit. Ugh. That's a story for later, too. Alice cried about it, but only because I was laughing so hard that I couldn't stop long enough to tell her why.
- Alice going down the zip line ON HER OWN. Holy cow, cousins have a very special influence on each other.
- Robert expanding his vocabulary to include "Aggy"(cousin Atty), "maw-maw" (grandma), "goggy" (dog), and day-doh (thank you)
- Receiving three very special birthday gifts: 2 darning eggs, a dragonfly creation (reverse applique, in very lovely blues and greens), and a Baptist Hymnal. It's funny when someone else remembers how much you want something even more than you do and then it's magically the perfect gift to give. Amazing.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Down Time
Just got back from a whirlwind vacation to Utah and Idaho. We got to reconnect with Poulson family at the first ever Poulson Clan reunion (descendants of Jerry and Jenene) and spend a couple quiet and restful days with Grandma and Grandpa Evans. I may or may not get around to processing the whole experience and recording those thoughts here. I do, however, want to remember a few highlights no matter what:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment