Monday, March 4, 2013

Need More Sleep

Last night, I hear James crying and I lunge over to catch him before he falls off the side of our bed. Then I hear a deep, exasperated voice say, "What are you doing?!" I suddenly realize that I've got Bobby's arm in a death grip and I really don't know where I am or what I'm doing, "Sorry, I'm confused."

I hear another cry from James in his crib in the other room and I regain my senses. I grope down the dark hall to take care of his needs.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens to me when the babe wakes up 2-3 times a night for three nights in a row (instead of just once a night) and I'm not napping during the day to make up for it. I go crazy. I hallucinate. The rest of the night is filled with psychedelic dreams and strange visions.

Poor Bobby. To be woken up so suddenly, so violently, by a crazy lady...he let me sleep in this morning :)

2 comments:

  1. I once attacked Dr. J in my sleep because I thought I was being attacked by someone. When he grabbed my arms to keep me from poking his eyes out I really started freaking out. Dreams in reality...scary stuff. He is to hoping you only get woken up two times tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny to hear your stories! Not many months ago, I did a full-body latch on Joe's side in the middle of the night because I was completely convinced there was a raccoon in our room, coming around to my side of the bed. Freaked me out. It seems so hilarious in retrospect, but in that half-awake state, it's crazy how real dreams can seem.

    ReplyDelete