James and I were sitting in a little room at the beginning of his 9-month checkup. Dr. Helton opened the door and James gave her a big, drooly grin. That's my James.
"Is he still the most content baby in the world?" she asked.
"Yep."
This boy amazes me with his easygoing nature. He's just plain happy. He lets pretty much anyone hold him, as long as I'm not too near. He eats everything we've given him so far. He even takes Robert's rough physical attention in stride. Usually. And he smiles! What a smiley, happy guy.
He's less particular about, well, everything. I don't fret over him as much as I've fretted over the other two.
He's still large for his age, but his weight is stabilizing now that he's very, very mobile and getting into everything. He creeps along furniture, stands alone long enough to get another spoonful of yogurt, and has even ventured a couple quick pivot steps to get somewhere. No speck of crud on the floor goes unnoticed. His favorite hangout is under the breakfast table by the garbage can. Ugh. No surface 0-24 inches high is safe from his moist little hands and curious mouth. We have slobbery blowfish smudges on our sliding glass window where James has tried to kiss his own reflection. He gives a good fight when you're trying to fish something out of his mouth, but won't fuss once it's out. Doesn't hold a grudge, this one.
Unfortunately, James does have a couple bad habits. 1) He grinds his teeth for fun. I had thought that we could start restricting his pacifier use to bedtime, but that grating noise of tooth on tooth is just too gut-wrenching to ignore. Gotta plug it! 2) He still wakes once or twice a night for comfort. It's annoying, but I have other things to worry about before further sleep training becomes a priority :)
People point out how much James and Alice look alike. I can see that they look more alike than either of them to Robert, but I'm just too close to all of them. Let me know where you think James' little turtle mouth comes from. Here's the "about 9 months" lineup:
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I see a lot of my dad in his face. But he is all his own guy!
ReplyDeleteWow, with them lined up like that, I think they ALL look like you!
ReplyDelete