Saturday, August 3, 2013

James at 10 months

He wanders down the hall on shaky feet and stiff knees, teetering from one forbidden door to the next. Someone forgot to shut one! He speaks gleeful, curious babble as he discovers Alice's slipper, holds it high in one hand and stumbles into the hallway with a grin. Victory!

We visited the library today so James could practice moving on stairs. This boy is determined to walk forward down stairs just like everyone else. No reverse crawl. No bum scoot. No exceptions. Such an easygoing kind of fellow suddenly has such a strong opinion. I like to see him assert himself. He'll need that in this family :) His determination with the stairs has already resulted in several faceplants and a healthy respect for the edge of a drop off. I'll count that as progress.

I'm a sucker for his wheezy little giggle:




IMG_5340

IMG_5463


IMG_5496

No comments:

Post a Comment