Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bye Bye Girls

Roo got over her broody urges yesterday and laid her first egg in a month. Today, she and Penny were whisked away to a lavish backyard elsewhere to be spoiled with treats and pet-like attention. Alice was in tears. I was a little relieved to have them go somewhere that wouldn't mean certain death.

I'm not a monster, y'know.

The remaining chickens, well, their fate is still certain death. Or maybe I can find a good home for them, too? Dunno.

I can feel the growing season winding down.

Cooler weather is on its way.

We had a good run this year. I'll probably review my 2013 farming triumphs and failures in another post. Every year is one step closer to figuring out what I want out of all of this.

The girls panting in the early September heat wave.



No comments:

Post a Comment