Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Had a dream last night

I was lounging about at my mom's house when it suddenly dawned on me:

"I'm 34 years old and I'm still living with my parents?!  It feels like there's something wrong with that picture. I think I should probably get a job and move out on my own."

"What would I work in?"

Then I suddenly remember, "Oh! I have a Master's degree in nutrition! I could do something with that."

"But I got that degree some time ago. Why haven't I been working?"

"That's right, I have kids. Three of them. I'm working all day with them. But how can I do that? Where do I get money for food?"

"Oh yeah. I have a husband. Bobby. He works so I can be home."

"Yeah. That's it. But, wait. Where are they? Where are these people? Why aren't they here with me in Utah at my parents' house? Oh! They live in Illinois! That's where Bobby's work is.

"Dang! I wish his job were here."

"No, wait! I don't. I don't want to live in Utah. I want to move my parents out to Illinois. But that won't work, so, yeah. That's it, I guess."

And then I woke up, more than a little relieved. Each piece of Dream Susan's life answered the question at hand and raised the next question until there weren't any more questions. But Real Susan has another question, "What's next?"

I feel a little out of focus:

Photo credit: Robert

1 comment:

  1. I love how your dream mind figured everything out. I wish my dreams were a clear sometimes.

    I feel your blurriness. I've been out of focus for some time now. I'm reading a book about following your dreams, and I can't for the life of me figure out what my dream is supposed to be.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete