Sunday, November 24, 2013

Bobby's Sunday Summary

This week was rather busy.  I was in Washington DC for the last half of the week.  I was there to speak at a conference.  The last day of the conference they wanted to give me a thank you gift, but it was a wine opening set.  They learned that I don't drink the first day so I just kind of left it with them, and it all worked out.  The plane ride home was less then ideal.  The conference center I was at was right next to Dulles airport so I just took the shuttle, and didn't bother with a rental car or anything.  Sadly my flight out of Dulles was canceled because of weather issues, so they booked my on another flight out of Reagan.  A $70 cab ride latter I was at the airport and ready to take off, except the new plane they had put me on was not ready to take off.  The plane was three hours late and another flight to Chicago took off before ours even showed up.  Turns out there was a faulty sensor on the plane and it took them three tries to fix it.  I was positive that I was going to miss my other flight but it turns out that my flight to Champaign was delayed 2 hours and left 15 mins before the next flight to Champaign.  I just made the flight but my bad did not.  It was put on the flight 15 mins later.  So I landed and then had to wait another 15 mins for my bags to show up.  It was a very long day to finally get home.

The next day we woke up and a leisurely breakfast, and then went outside to finally rake the leaves. It was a big job, but it turned out to be a really good experience.  Both Alice and Buddy helped to fill bags.  Alice filled just over 4 bags all by herself.  Buddy almost filled an entire bag.  it was really great. Alice was actually really helpful, and didn't need any help, except to smash the leave down and carry them over to the pile.  it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment