Buddy has a pattern. Every few weeks, he wakes up in the middle of the night with pain in his legs. He screams, he cries, he writhes. He tells us it hurts too much for him to even stop and take medicine. We massage, we soothe, we coax, we massage some more, we rock, we snuggle, we massage some more, and finally he calms down enough to take the ibuprofen. Then he eventually kicks us out of his room so he can get back to sleeping.
It happens so regularly that I kinda felt last night's episode coming on. We were due.
Our pediatrician says they sound like growing pains. Last night's pains
were definitely centered in his ankles. He was thoroughly hydrated all
day, and there was no excessive jumping or physical strain on his limbs.
Add that to the pain's regularity, and Robert's large size ("You mean
he's only three?!"), and I'm convinced it's related to his growth. A few
weeks ago, he could still wear size 3T. As of this morning, his 3T
jeans are highwaters. Anyway, I haven't officially documented the events until now. I'll just keep updating this blog post with dates. Poor guy.
Leg pain/Cramping episodes as of November 2013
10 November 2013
12 December 2013
6 January 2014
18 February 2014
21 February 2014
16 March 2014
10 April 2014
25 November 2014
5 December 2014
28 December 2014
February 2015
14 April 2015
Monday, November 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor fellow! Hopefully he takes a little slow-down break soon. I remember having those pains in my legs when I was a kid. Not fun!
ReplyDelete