This week I've had several dreams of good times in my life (or good times I would have liked to have in my life). Some of them a little odd (return of the 10th grade crush, anyone?), but each one kind of fun and interesting. The strangest part about all of this, though, is how I felt when I woke up from these dreams. They were all good dreams and I was reminded of good times, but as I woke up and realized where I was and who I spend my time with these days, I was surprisingly happier in reality.
I'm at a good place in my life right now. It's not perfect, but it's right where I want to be, and I like being here in my life more than I've liked being anywhere else in my life to date. The dreams have helped me see that I wouldn't choose to go back to any another time. I am already at my favorite place in the story :)
...so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's awesome. I am having a similar experience but in a different way. I joined Facebook. I vowed I never would, but then I watched Elder Bednar's CES address and made a rash decision. Anyhow... I'm there. And I have had friend requests from all kinds of blasts from the past, and while I am happy to see them... they all meant so much to me at one point in my life... it also makes me a little sick. I just want to leave the past in the past and be with my husband and kids! Anyway... probably a rude way of saying it... but I just wanted to say I can relate :)
ReplyDelete