Tonight was our delivery night. Alice and Robert dressed in all black or navy blue. I didn't know they had that much black and blue in their closet. We drove to the first house after dark. Alice was a little confused about which door was her friend's door, so I had to get super close to show her. We were 20 feet from the door when she FINALLY saw which door I meant. She and Robert immediately ran up, dropped the gift, and knocked. What?! I WAS RIGHT THERE! I almost swore at the girl as she bolted past me toward the appointed safe spot. I booked it too, 37 weeks prego and everything. Not comfortable. Not fun. I don't think we were detected, but I don't really care.
I hadn't intended on everything happening so fast, so James was still buckled in his car seat. He got screaming mad when the kids hopped in and buckled up...he had wanted to SEE!
The next house was much, much closer to home. I parked the car in the garage, turned off all the lights, and walked with James to a nice vantage point. Alice and Robert scoped out the front door and saw people in the front room...too risky for Alice. She threw the "rules" out the window and decided to leave the surprise at the front door WITHOUT knocking. She and Robert still ran away as if they were being chased. That startled James a bit and he started running away in terror, too. What would this kid be like without Alice and Robert as older siblings? I have no idea. His life seems to revolve around them :)
Alice just kept saying, "I can't believe I just ghosted someone! I ghosted!"
No comments:
Post a Comment