Friday, May 22, 2015

Final Fling

Today is Robert's last day of preschool EVER. It feels like my last quiet freedom until school starts again in the fall.

*sigh*

So, I was scrambling this morning trying to think (last-minute, of course) of something, anything to do today that would properly celebrate and mourn this last wisp of a quiet morning with the two smallest Evanses. I decided to bike the boys to Meadowbrook Park and take a brisk walk along the sculpture trail there. This outing was made possible by a new double stroller of mine that not only supports an infant perfectly next to his giant 2-year-old brother, but also provides a smooth, all-terrain ride by foot or by bike. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's my dream vehicle.

We rode there, we walked the path, then I rode around the neighborhood a little more. It only took me 7 minutes by bike to get to the grocery store. Not bad!

The boys found it a comfy ride:

Snoozing in the trailer/stroller. Success!

The sculpture path is close enough that Alice and Robert could easily bike there with me, but they wouldn't enjoy the walking as much, and they would mutiny if we didn't stay to play at the playground for an hour afterwards. Nothing I can't handle, but it's nice not to have to handle it :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got one that will do what you want! Looks like the guys approve of it too.

    ReplyDelete