We held the first rehearsal between Thanksgiving and Christmas, then brought the gang together again this weekend for one final rehearsal on Saturday and the big performance on Monday. The kids did just about everything themselves: divvying parts, gathering costumes, creating props. Alice asked Marianne Jarvi to play thematic music on the piano. They added a funeral scene! And they had SO much fun rehearsing and putting this thing together, that I would be happy to do it again. Here's a picture of the group at the end of the show:
![]() |
| Alice was the director, so she's not in period costume. |
I loved doing this! Alice was thrilled with how it all came together. It didn't have to be "perfect", which is one thing I really, really love about Alice's personality. She has grand ideas and the guts to get out there and try them because she's not all tied up in doing it just so. She also has a great group of friends to work with. Love these guys.
Okay, enough gushing. I would post some video here for you, but it's kinda hard to watch if you're not the kids' parents, y'know? I'll post a couple more pictures instead :)
![]() |
| In this scene, a mother and daughter are washing and hanging clothes to dry. Alice is holding up the clothesline. |



Alice and her friends are awesome!
ReplyDeleteImpressive sets and everything! Love their costumes. Nice job, Alice :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a girl! She can do anything!
ReplyDelete