It's time for bed, and I really want to get there soon, but I have to confess that Christmas plans are already stressing me out.
*sigh*
We haven't settled on a series of traditions yet. Every year feels like I'm starting from scratch. I think we're getting closer, though, with the weekly Advent FHE/Sing and a daily Advent calendar. That's enough, right? RIGHT?!
Time for bed.
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome mothering.
ReplyDeleteI wrote a lengthy and insightful response and then by mistake hit "sign out" instead of "publish." *sigh*
ReplyDeleteWhat it boiled down to is this: find the one or two things that mean the most to you personally and put them at the top of your list (if you aren't feeling it, you won't enjoy the rest). Then ask the rest of your family for their top one or two things that "make" Christmas. Add them to the list. Ignore everything else and let go of guilt or "shoulds" or all the awesome things other people are doing. Remember that not everything has to be a family activity (my #1 is the cathedral carol service, and the men are not invited because it's no fun to be there with someone who isn't feeling it). I keep wanting to do a daily Advent, but it totally stresses me out to come up with 24 things and the need to do something every day, especially when Atticus is perfectly happy with the chocolate version.
This response got lengthy again. Sorry. Bottom line: whatever you want to do is enough.
I second Heidi's comment! And whatever you do a few times that is fun for them later on they will remember that they "always" did it at Christmas.
ReplyDelete