The kids got a dog! For about 30 minutes. I think the dog was happy to leave after all that loving attention. The dog's name is Biscuit and he escapes from his owners pretty often. Sunday morning at breakfast, we see him bouncing along the new snow in our backyard and decide to bring him in. The first thing the kids notice is Biscuit's energy. He's hard to catch, even indoors. The second thing they notice is his smell. Biscuit needs a bath. We immediately put up the baby gate and keep him on the tile floor. I have to laugh, though, because all of the kids immediately get inside the gate. James and Matthew drop to all fours and start barking/wrestling. Puppy mosh pit!
![]() |
| Matthew and Biscuit are about the same height, but Matthew outweighs him by 20+ pounds. That little boy couldn't get enough hugs out of that poor little dog. |
SURPRISE #2
I got Matthew to wear a hat! The coat wearing thing is still touch-and-go (mostly no-go), but he loves his hat for keeping his ears warm.
SURPRISE #3
The kids asked to get a picture with Santa. First time ever! Huge surprise. Alice and Robert initiated it. James was obviously less than pleased that I asked him to stand within 5 feet. Matthew wouldn't even come that close. Robert accused the jolly man of wearing a fake beard. To which, the jolly man challenged Robert to pull on it. Hard. Robert was the most surprised of us all.
SURPRISE #4
My kids aren't too old (yet) to enjoy the magic of the first snow fall.
SURPRISE #5
Alice's eye shadow stash will do in a pinch when you really, really, really want to put on a play about Rudolph during quiet time.






I LOVE the reindeer makeup! :)
ReplyDelete