Big plans, Page #1:
![]() |
| First day of planting, scheduled 8 April 2017 |
My backyard garden beds boast about 300sqft of growing space. This year, thanks to a nearby community garden, I have plans to expand to 900sqft of growing space. The diagram above shows my first planting day on 8 April (+/- a few days), which fills in all 300sqft of my backyard garden beds. But "planting day" is a misnomer. Most of it will be transplanting starts from my greenhouse room (still under construction).
On the docket for 8 April:
broccoli (10)
cauliflower (4)
Brussels sprouts (6)
head cabbage (14)
leaf lettuce (20, 2/week for 10 weeks)
head lettuce (16, 2/week for 8 weeks)
regular onions (55)
cylindra beets (35)
garlic (8)
big carrots (75)
baby carrots (85)
radishes (18)
bush peas, shelling variety (508)
If I left it at that, I would still produce more food than my typical growing season.
BIG PLANS!
More to come.
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how much MORE work this garden will need than any others I've grown to date. A project on this scale goes beyond backyard gardening. It's more of a small-scale urban farming outfit...20 hours/week, 6+ months...and it deserves a name...
Green Dirt Farm
Poulson Produce
Greenlife Farm
Seven Sisters Farm
Penny Produce
Crazy Old Lady Foods
Midlife Crisis Farm
No Face Foods
![]() |
| Love this little guy |
Sweat Equity Farm
Because It's Important To Me (BIITMe Farm?)
Soup On Navels (anagram for Poulson Evans)
Pa's Novel Onus (another anagram. So true! Poor Bobby.)
Food Matters Farm
I'd love to hear your thoughts/suggestions on an appropriate name. I'm also accepting applications for summer internships :)


I love anything "Seven Sisters," and I would love to apply for a summer internship! Do you think my boys would miss me if I disappeared for a few weeks...? Will there be berries and peaches, too?
ReplyDelete