Seven Sisters is taken! Dang it all. It's even a local company, so maybe I sort of got the idea subliminally from one of their ads.
Maybe I'll call my farm something Mantis-y.
Mantises are not cute bugs, but they're easily recognized and extremely useful in the garden. They don't hurt people, so far as I can tell, though they seem capable enough.
Closet Mantid Farm
Mantis Foods
Maybe I could come up with a word combination that emulates the vowel sounds in "Susan"...
"Fruit Bin"
"Smooth Fin"
"True Friend"
"New End"
Meh.
My kids initials? ARJM...
Majr Farm
JamR Foods
That just looks like I can't spell.
What about my kids in general? I looked up synonyms for "kids"...
Stock and Seed Produce
Four Bairn Farm
Uterine Kin Foods
Ugh. I don't want to eat anything that shares a breath with 'uterus', y'know?
I agonized over the names of my children for months, but now that they've been around for a few years, I don't even think twice about why we picked one name over another. Well, except Matthew, but he's still young, and the last one. Anyway, I could call the farm something boring and straightforward like "Evans Farm", but that doesn't communicate anything about me or my reasons for doing this work. I want a name that I can hold to my chest, y'know? Something that is personally meaningful to me, but isn't obviously meaningful to everyone else. Meaning in disguise.
For example, naming my kids Alice or Robert doesn't turn heads like "Brighamina" or "Beryl" would. People don't respond with, "Oh, is that a family name?" And yet, they ARE family names with personal significance to me. Meaning in disguise.
I want a farm name like that. But poetic.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Garden of Eat'n
ReplyDelete