Sunday, March 12, 2017

Saturday

Woke up to a hot breakfast of whole grain chocolate pancakes already made and waiting.

Kids were super motivated to finish all of their chores in time for a birthday party that afternoon.

Bobby finished our tax return.

Robert's piano practice happened on the electric keyboard, minus the usual wailing and gnashing of teeth that typically accompanies the first day of a new practice assignment.

Took the kids to swim lessons and I swam half a mile in half an hour. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't all freestyle, and it didn't kill me. Milestone! The kids also fell in love with their new (fitted, streamlined) swimsuits.

Bobby made the best Brussels sprouts I've ever tasted.

I planted another 400 seeds for this year's gigantic garden. In order of most to least: marigolds, celery, cabbage, parsley, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, Amish paste tomatoes, artisan grape tomato variety (6 beautiful varieties!), colossal red tomatoes, red grape tomatoes, leaf lettuce, and head lettuce.

It was a good day.

IMG_20170310_142609695
Can you find the 2-year-old who passed out in the middle of quiet time?











1 comment:

  1. What do you do with all your tomatoes? Our new house is on a half acre lot and I am dreaming about all of the wonderful things I can plant in my huge garden. We use a lot of canned tomatoes, but I've never tried canning them and it seems like a lot of work compared to my $.55 can of diced tomatoes. So I'm curious how you use them. I'm the only fresh eater in my family so I figure I'll do a beefsteak for BLTs and a cherry or grape for just eating, but let me know what you do.

    ReplyDelete