Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Class Assignments

We got a letter in the mail today revealing the kids' classroom assignments for the upcoming school year. Alice and her posse of soon-to-be 5th grade girls texted each other frantically over the course of an hour as each household got their mail delivered. All but one girl was using her mother's phone. I kinda like that about the parents of Alice's group of friends (i.e. the kids don't have their own phones yet).

Don't know if I'm ready for the summer to end...we found a groove!...I like the way things are right now. This summer, I literally saw each kid grow up a little. Robert and James have an actual friendship forming. Matthew is developing independence and personal opinions and a sense of humor. Alice is losing her childishness a whisper at a time. So quietly. I hardly notice the changes day-by-day, but she's really and truly growing up.

I can't wait for the summer to end...I want a little more mental space, a little less volume...I like to see my kids practice and stretch and try new things.

This year will be similar to last year with Alice and Robert in elementary school and James in preschool. The calm before the storm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment