Thursday, August 30, 2018

40th Year Goals

Okay, I think I finally have a framework that I can work within to make this 40th year of my life as meaningful and celebratory and milestoney as I had hoped. My initial approach was far too complicated and I started making up things just to fit the theme, which completely misses the point, right?

So! Here it is officially. Finally. On the last day of my birth month :)

By the last day of my birth month next year, I will...

...spend 40 quality hours one-on-one with loved ones (spouse and children top the list, but there will be more)

...serve others outside my usual circle of loved ones (40 hours)

...train for and participate in at least one major endurance event (preferably a physical one, LOL)

...master something new

...do something that scares me

...fix something that's been bothering me a long time

...go somewhere new (bucket list?)

Ready, set, go!

This is the best family photo we could get at the reunion. James wasn't in the mood. Again. That kid does not enjoy getting his picture taken in such a formal way. Can't wait to see how his first school pictures turn out!

3 comments: