Four months left to meet my 40th Year Goals. I've made good progress since the halfway point!
Spend 40 quality hours one-on-one with my immediate family member
Bobby: 37
Alice: 25.5
Robert: 22.5
James: 24.75
Matthew: 26
Serve others outside my usual circle of loved ones (40 hours)
26 hours
Train for and participate in at least one major endurance event
Pioneer Sprint Triathlon, 4 May 2019
Swim 300m 5:59.24
Bike 13mi 48:54.91
Run 3.1mi 30:02.17
TOTAL 1:27:03.6
Master something new
Um...not yet...mastery is such a long-term thing...I may need to rethink the wording of this goal
Do something that scares me
So, I volunteered for Girls' Camp, but they didn't want me *sob*. I'll have to think of something else terrifying to do.
Fix something that's been bothering me a long time
DONE! Therapy is a wonderful thing. I was glad to have a relationship with my therapist before the anxiety struck. And now that my anxiety is pretty stable and I'm doing fine, my visits with her are now only on an as-needed basis.
Go somewhere new
DONE! I figured out early on that this goal was more about the experience than the actual location. While Phoenix, AZ isn't exactly on everyone's travel bucket list, it hit the spot for this particular goal. I got to go with a close friend. No kids. No spouses. I got to visit Mom and Dad on their mission. I got to see sunshine and flowers. I developed a sunburn! All while Illinois was still cloudy, wet, and freezing. Sweet!
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Susan, your tri times are awesome! I'd love to run a 5K with your time--and I don't even bike or swim first! Way to go!
ReplyDelete