"I don't know WHY she didn't lock it, but I saw that she hadn't and I changed all the hyperlinks in the slideshow to a YouTube video of "Never Gonna Give You Up" (Rick Astley). I Rick Rolled everybody."
I laughed in amazement and amusement. This kid, my own son, who insists on following the rules and making others follow the rules...hijacks a teacher's slideshow for fun. Apparently, if the teacher leaves herself vulnerable, he's not breaking a rule???? This is the same reason he feels perfectly fine building web pages that allow him to play games at school that are normally blocked by the school's firewall. They're harmless games (Cookie Clicker, anyone?) and he only plays them when he's done all his other work.
"If they don't want me to build a website around the block, they'll block me."
Anyway, I asked how his teacher took the Rick Rolling.
"No one noticed during class, but the next period, my teacher came to my class and asked if I was the one who did it. I said yes and she laughed. She thought it was funny. But the NEXT period, my student teacher found me and yelled at me."
He didn't like being yelled at, but the situation was confusing, so he kinda shrugged it off. Will he do it again if given the chance?
No comments:
Post a Comment