Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bobby's Sunday Summary

This week has been a long one, for both Susan and I. Sunday night I got on a plane to California. It was a bit of a last minute trip so I had to fly out of an airport an hour away to get a fair that was not too outrageous. The flight over was not too bad. It was one of only two times that I have flown through Chicago without being delayed. I still got to the hotel at 11 pm, which felt like 1 am to me with the time shift and everything.

I spent the whole week in California working on a project with a bunch of people there. I am happy to say that I was able to finish up most of the project so from that point of view the trip was successful. However, I have never really liked traveling, especially alone, so it was not great.

On the plus side I did find a very nice Brazilian restaurant just down the street from the Yahoo headquarters. Most Brazilian restaurants I have seen in the United States are Churrascarias. These are the Brazilian barbeque places that bring you lots of meat on a spit, which is tasty and authentic, but not an everyday meal. This place was much more like what you would eat regularly, so if you are ever in Sunnyvale California around lunchtime and want some good authentic everyday Brazilian food check out http://www.senzalarestaurant.com/. They even had a live bossa nova band playing when I was there, but that is not an every day thing.

As Susan alluded to on the blog previously the flight home was not great. We boarded the plane in Chicago just a few minutes late, but then they announced on the plane that we had to wait for a crew member that was on another flight and that it would probably be about 30 min before we took off. The flight is only 20 min in the air so this was very frustrating, especially since we live an hour away from the airport so Susan had just barely left. We arrive about an hour late but at the airport they had not updated the arrival time, so when we landed at 5:30 Susan was wondering why it took me an hour to walk the 200 ft from the gate to the baggage claim.

But we are all home safe and relatively happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment