The babe woke up a little cranky from her afternoon nap, so I decided to throw on her sandals and go for a "walk" in our front yard. She cheered up slowly, but surely, as she waddled around the driveway chasing the blowing leaves. I wandered off to check on the asparagus and Alice discovered our pot of strawberry plants. It's all dirt and leaves at this point, but that was the best part. She pulled out whole clumps of root-filled soil and tore them apart like kleenex. She played in the dirt for a whole five minutes before tasting it, finally deciding it wasn't as tasty as it might have appeared at first. I took her inside for a bath and she splashed herself silly. After a fresh diaper, some lotion, and a clean set of clothes, Alice ran to the front door again. I had left it open so light could come in through the screen door. Alice stood there on her tiptoes, peering out at the yard, blow drying her hair in the breeze.
Spring. This girl gets it.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment