- She's just started using her eyebrows in her facial expressions. I never noticed their immobility until they became mobile. Alice was standing in front of the bathroom mirror this morning and I handed her something odd. She furrowed her brow, stuck out some pouty lips and said, "Huuuh?" Then she saw her expression in the mirror and flashed a squinty grin at herself.
- She chased a swarm of gnats in our backyard this morning.
- Silverware is an important part of a balanced breakfast.
- A good, soft tickle can get her to freeze for two whole minutes. Her teeny weeny goosebumps feel like leathery skin.
- I was holding a baby (this babe was almost as large as Alice herself, but clearly younger) on my lap yesterday when Alice came over and started to fuss, signing that she wanted to sit on my lap. I figured she was jealous (we've had a few hands-on lessons in sharing recently) so I handed back the baby and pulled Alice onto my lap. Alice burst into tears as soon as she was settled and she reached out for the baby. What a surprise to me! Alice wanted to sit WITH the baby ON my lap. So that's what we did. She smiled at him, pointed to him, made the sign for baby, and they checked out each other's toes.
- High pitched sounds cause her cry. Whistles, especially. Other kids yelling/crying cause her to cry. I get the feeling her transition into the nursery at church (at the end of this summer) may be a little difficult.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Alice snippets
Fun snippets about Alice recently:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute! The obvious response, of course, is that pictures are needed of the eyebrow raising. Very hard to get though, I know. :)
ReplyDeleteWe're trying to teach Toby signs (we didn't with the older 2) and it's always good to hear references to babies doing it, as affirmation that it can be done.
She's pretty consistent about raising her eyebrows whenever Bobby tells her to stop doing something. Maybe a video camera will be able to catch it :)
ReplyDeleteAlice didn't take to signing at first. I was so self-conscious about it, too, that I wasn't very consistent. One day a few weeks ago, though, we were looking at some birds out the window and I made the sign for "bird." Alice just put her fingers together and did it right there. We've been using more signs every day and some of them stick. Milk, bird, baby, cheese, up, more, and sometimes even fish.
I love hearing about that kid. She's awesome. I wish you lived closer.
ReplyDeleteDitto Erin's comment. Atty sometimes raises one eyebrow in his REM-sleep, and I wonder if he'll be able to do it on purpose when he's older.
ReplyDeleteLauren is totally obsesed with babbies as well, it is probably her most common word after papi. I think it has something to do with the age. I'm going to go with that explanation instead of a subtle plea for a sibling.
ReplyDelete