Wednesday, June 4, 2008

CSA share June 3rd

The picture isn't great because our REAL camera's batteries ran out of juice and I didn't want to go rummaging for the charger while those two pints of strawberries just sat around waiting for me to take their picture. Those babies were calling my name the second I smelled them. So the picture was taken from Bobby's cell phone. Not bad. You even get a peek at Alice's chunky legs and my Mom-hands. I'm actually quite happy with the way my hands look. They're just like I remember my mom's hands looking when I was young...kinda boney and veiny. Working hands.

Untitled

2# rhubarb

1/2 # salad mix

2 pints strawberries

1 small bunch garlic chives

We're eating the berries fresh (Alice is addicted!), the salad mix is as bold as ever, and this batch of rhubarb may be frozen for later use...maybe for October when it's almost cool enough to use the oven again. Is rhubarb any good on the grill?

2 comments:

  1. I love her little chubby legs. *pinches*

    What did you do with your last batch of rhubarb? I have rhubarb all over my backyard but I don't know when it's the right time to pick it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ignore this comment. I have early onset dementia and realized that I already asked about the rhubarb. Really, I'm not obsessed about the plant. :)

    ReplyDelete