I went cherry-pickin' again this morning and it was TONS better. I went with a friend. I knew (better) where I was going. There were more ripe berries than before. So, after a pleasant and cool morning talking family and politics and all sorts of things, I had a pile of pie cherries to take home. Well worth the effort.
Later, as I was putting are not-so-snazzy-but-certainly-appreciated cherry stoner to use, Alice was stuffing her mouth full of sour cherries. She started by taking one or two from the bowl of newly pitted cherries, but I would empty it every so often into a quart jar and she'd have to wait for me to pit more. It didn't take much of this to convince her she should take all she could while she could. A whole fistful of cherries started making its way to her cherry-stained face, but I redirected it to the quart jar. She liked the new game and actually started "helping" me fill jars.
"One for me, one for the jar"
Alice was also eager to "help" me prepare dinner. I gave her the task of scooping some spices out of the jar and aiming for the pot. Even with me to stabilize her hands, not one of her attempts actually seasoned the pot. The table, the floor, her shirt, and her shoes all smell delightful.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment