

The sink is in, the shower is caulked, we have primed a lot of the walls and door, and I put in the medicine cabinet. But there is still a lot to do. We have to prime the celling, paint everything, caulk the sink, and redo the floor. We also plan on painting the kitchen. Susan has gotten into a bit of a home improvement kick. So expect to see several more small transformations to our house.
Yesterday was a busy day. In the morning Susan had to work at the family history center, and I took Alice to a tour of the University Dairy. A friend of ours is getting his PHD doing some experiments there. Alice didn't really enjoy it all that much. The wind was blowing a lot which made Alice want me to hold her the entire time. According to her she squirt milk and baby cows squirt milk too. She did not actually squirt milk, I squirted some milk, and held Alice while I did it, so I guess that sort of counts. My arms are very sore today, but from all the things I did yesterday, hang the medicine cabinet, prime the bathroom, and cary ALice at the Dairy, I think it is the last one that is really getting to me. Some interesting facts about cows. It takes 10 lbs of milk to make 1 lbs of cheese. Each holstein cow can produce about 100 gallons of milk each day, and holsteins make up about 92% of the Dairy cows in the US. This happened after World War Two, when they needed to produce lots of cheap milk for the baby boomers.
No comments:
Post a Comment