Sunday, October 25, 2009

Painting by Name

I'm not much of a home decorator, as you must know. I had lots of help this time. My friend JulieAnn took me to a few places to look at paints and shower curtains. We had to start from scratch..."So, what do you like?" "Uh, I don't know. I literally never notice anything unless it's hideous." "Okay, what's not ugly here." "Uh..."

From Bobby's update, you can tell I finally picked something, but not before collecting a hundred different "white" paint chips for the bathroom and a dozen "earthier browns" for the kitchen. I found the color names hilarious, as any of them would make a great name for our future movie star baby:

La Fonda Boulder
Tagsale Linen
Churchill Hotel Wheat
Bleached Sand
Homestead Resort Buff
Tattered Sail
Silent Delight
Bubble Tea
Apricot Fluff
Whirling Wind
Clam Island
Peach Froth
Sentimental
Cracker Bitz
Lilac Intuition
Kiss Me Kate
Willow Springs
Coral Gable Biltmore Mediterranean Caramel

I'm pleased with the results of our efforts in both the bathroom and the kitchen, especially all the remodeling stuff everyone else did in the bathroom. It's an awesome transformation! I love it. The kitchen needs a little more work on my end...couple more highlights, clean counters, organized chef station, etc.

2 comments:

  1. I think I like Apricot Fluff, don't hate me if I use it first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding the right color of paint is tough. Uh, what exactly is "Silent Delight"?

    ReplyDelete