Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Aina has the flu

After hearing the sad news that my class was canceled due to a case of the flu, Alice asked a lot of questions about the flu. Then Aina came down with it. Poor girl. It wasn't the ordinary flu, either. It was the Diarrhea Flu (Robert's been battling his own health issues of late...teething diarrhea).

"Aina has the Diarrhea Flu."

"Oh really?! She's throwing up, her muscles hurt, AND she has diarrhea?"

"Yeah."

"Yikes! What did she do?"

"Her step mom---her mean mom--said she had to stay in bed and couldn't change any of her sheets. But in the morning, her sheets were all clean!"

"Really? What happened?"

"Yeah! I changed them (giggle giggle). And her mean mommy was surprised. And now I'm Aina's mommy. That's why she likes me. And I even let her go to the potty at night (giggle giggle)."

Have I told you about Mean Mommy? Alice has one, too. I haven't met her yet, but I hear stories about her sometimes. I have yet to be mistaken for her ;)

2 comments:

  1. Two thoughts after reading this: 1-I love Alice's imagination. It cracks me up every time we're all together and I hear what she comes up with. 2-I don't think you could ever possible be mistaken for "Mean Mommy". Not a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Alice told me once that Mean Mommy was dead, because Alice didn't like her. That's why she was dead. :)
    I'm with Kristin---Alice's imagination is constantly surprising and so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete